An easy walk that combines majestic views with a bit of history and religion.
Distance 2.3 km
Its position on the promontory makes it clearly visible even from afar. Strange that a church was built right up there. In reality, a castle once stood on the hill above the inhabited area: it was built by Mainardo II, Count of Tirolo around 1276 and demolished in 1310. The village of Castello di Fiemme derives its name from that manor. The church of San Giorgio (now dedicated to the Immaculate Conception of Lourdes) is actually the small church on the left of the parish church. Both places of worship also stand out in the evening thanks to lighting that enhances their shapes and position.
If you have a little more time, take a walk in the small streets under the promontory to discover the facades of some historic houses.
AuthorStaff Outdoor Val di Fiemme ND
Update: December 30, 2021
Getting thereHead towards the hospital and then towards the Cavalese football field.
ParkingSeveral parking spaces at the football field.
32T 689007 5128775
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHiking shoes and warm winter clothes.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view