You are on the banks of the water stream Avisio. The snow, the water that turns into ice. It seems to be in a magical kingdom. After the first little bridge you can glimpse the village of Predazzo, the slopes of Mount Mulat and its trees overgrown by the Vaia Storm in 2018.
As soon as you reach the new bistrot Caseificio Sociale di Predazzo e Moena, leave the cycle route where you were walking to cross the SS48 (Attention! There are no zebra crossings!). Afterwards, return to Ziano.
The dirt road that you will cover is close to the main road for the first meters, and then rises slightly towards the wood to let you walk in nature without the noises of the road. The final part of this experience is among the snowy meadows of the hamlet of Zanon where you will see many rustic houses, stables and barns before getting to the starting point along via Zanon.
Getting thereDrive to Ziano di Fiemme then to the hamlet of Roda.
ParkingParking between the SS48 and the water stream Avisio.
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentWarm clothing and hiking boots.
Basic Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Winter Hiking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons at minimum and a basic ice axe are recommended when covering steeper terrain
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.