Malga Cazzorga from Ponte Stue
APT Val di Fiemme Verified partner Explorers Choice
Direction CazzorgaPhoto: orlerimages.com, APT Val di Fiemme
Almost the entire walk follows a well-marked forest road and there is no danger of avalanche.
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Remember, snowpack stability is subject to sudden and unforeseeable changes and shifts. Always check the local avalanche before departure and make sure you gather all possible information concerning current conditions from the local Mountain Guides. GPS tracks are merely indicative of the more standard routes but must not be followed blindly without first checking current slope and terrain conditions.
Tips and hints
APT Val di Fiemme - Tel. +39 0462 241111 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.visitfiemme.it
WAY UP From the bridge follow the forest road (nr 318) which runs along the left-side of the stream Stue. The road gets into a beautiful spruce firs wood and reaches a clearing where Malga Stue Bassa is located (1400 m): from here you have the sight of the impressive peak of Montalon. Keep walking on the same road, ignoring all the deviations, and once passed Malga Stue Alta you reach Malga Cazzorga (1845 m).
WAY DOWN On the same itinerary
Getting thereFrom Molina di Fiemme, follow the sign to Passo Manghen and drive until you reach Ponte Stue (1.252 m), where the snow clearing ends.
ParkingLeave your car before or after the bridge.
Author’s map recommendations
Tabacco – Val di Fiemme, Lagorai, Latemar N° 14
Kompass – Val di Fiemme, Catena del Lagorai N° 618
Hiking map available in all Val di Fiemme information offices.
Warm and waterproof winter clothes. Spare shirt, gloves, wool cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, snacks, hiking shoes and hiking poles.
It’s COMPULSORY to carry with you an avalanche rescue kit consisting of avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel.
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others