Tour not recommended in case of fog.
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Remember, snowpack stability is subject to sudden and unforeseeable changes and shifts. Always check the local avalanche before departure and make sure you gather all possible information concerning current conditions from the local Mountain Guides. GPS tracks are merely indicative of the more standard routes but must not be followed blindly without first checking current slope and terrain conditions. Correct orientation may be a problem at times along the higher stretches of this route due to fog or low cloud cover.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Predazzo drive toward Passo Rolle: once passed the Visitors’ Centre of the Paneveggio Natural Park turn left to Passo Valles. Go on until you reach Malga Vallazza, before the top of the pass.
ParkingAt Malga Vallazza, just before Passo Valles
Author’s map recommendations
Warm and waterproof winter clothes. Spare shirt, gloves, wool cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, snacks, hiking shoes and hiking poles.
It’s COMPULSORY to carry with you an avalanche rescue kit consisting of avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel.