Colbricon Hut and Lakes
APT Val di Fiemme Verified partner Explorers Choice
Direction Colbricon LakePhoto: N. Delvai, APT Val di Fiemme
Quite long but easy itinerary, mainly on forest road and with no avalanche danger, even with a lot of snow.
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Remember, snowpack stability is subject to sudden and unforeseeable changes and shifts. Always check the local avalanche before departure and make sure you gather all possible information concerning current conditions from the local Mountain Guides. GPS tracks are merely indicative of the more standard routes but must not be followed blindly without first checking current slope and terrain conditions.
Tips and hints
APT Val di Fiemme - Tel. +39 0462 241111 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.visitfiemme.it
WAY UP Take the forest road on the right (direction Malga Colbricon) and then the path until you reach the wood edge at Malga Colbricon, usually buried by snow. Keep walking south-east and slightly descending you will reach the bottom of a nice little valley at the foot of Colbricon Grande. Go on in the same direction as far as Passo di Colbricon, from where you will see Rifugio and Lake Colbricon. Walking along the lake on the right side you will reach the mountain hut, closed in winter (1927 m)
WAY BACK On the same itinerary.
By roadFrom Predazzo take the road towards Passo Rolle. Pass the Visitor Centre of Paneveggio Park and, still in the direction of Passo Rolle, park on the left side right before the 1 st hairpin turn (1630 m).
ParkingOn the left side right before the 1 st hairpin turn (1630 m).
Author’s map recommendations
Tabacco – Pale di San Martino N° 22
Kompass – Pale di San Martino N° 622
Hiking map available in all Val di Fiemme information offices.
Warm and waterproof winter clothes. Spare shirt, gloves, wool cap, sunglasses, sunscreen, water, snacks, hiking shoes and hiking poles.
It’s COMPULSORY to carry with you an avalanche rescue kit consisting of avalanche transceiver, probe and shovel.
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others