Suggestive tour that reaches places of the First World War and explores one of the less known valleys in the Lagorai mountain chain.
ATTENTION: FROM VAL DI SADOLE THE RETURN TO ZIANO DI FIEMME MUST BE ON THE ASPHALTED ROAD
The name of the trail pays attention to the fact that you cross places that characterized the First World War, between the Austrian and the Italian front. Once at the destination, between the Cauriol mountain hut and Malga Sadole, you can see the Piccolo Cauriol.
Monte Cauriol and Monte Cardinal were witnesses of the Great War, with thousands of deaths due to the fierce fighting, but also due to the frost and avalanches.
Also suitable for E-MTB. Although the technical level required is not very high, the altitude difference still requires good physical fitness. E-bike charging station at Malga Sadole.
Rest stopsMalga Sàdole
Along all routes, always pay attention to other people and vehicles coming from both directions. MTB routes are not for bikers only.
After windstorm Vaia in October 2018, forest roads are used also by heavy vehicles to transport wood.
When riding on streets, bikers have to respect the traffic code just like drivers.
BIKER’S CODE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan your ride
- Share the trail with other users
- Yield right of way to hikers
- Let your speed be determined by your experience
- Ride slowly on crowded trails, overtake with politeness and respect
- Cycle only on authorized and open trails
- Avoid muddy trails in order not to damage them further
- Respect nature, plants, animals and the trail
- Do not frighten animals
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Respect public and private property
- Always be selfsufficient
- Do not cycle solo in remote areas
- Take back home only good pics
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET !
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and it is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereZiano di Fiemme is located on the main road that crosses all the villages of Val di Fiemme (S.S N° 48 of the Dolomites)
ParkingIn Ziano di Fiemme there are several parkings.
Author’s map recommendations
What do I need to bring on my bike tour?
- An adequate water supply according to your needs (considering temperature, possibility of refuelling and duration of the route)
- Plenty of snacks (for example, dried fruit or energy bars)
- Waterproof / Windproof jacket.
- A spare top / spare socks. (Descending in a sweaty garment, will make you cold)
- Bike gloves/mitts
- Map or GPS device
- Bike repair kit for punctures and mechanical breakdowns
- First aid kit
It is always advised to let someone know where you plan to go and how long you expect to be.
Emergency telephone number 112
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints