Val Cadino and the waterfall - Tour 925
APT Val di Fiemme Verified partner Explorers Choice
Mountain BikePhoto: G. Panozzo, APT Val di Fiemme
Track typesShow elevation profile
Along all routes, always pay attention to other people and vehicles coming from both directions. MTB routes are not for bikers only.
After windstorm Vaia in October 2018, forest roads are used also by heavy vehicles to transport wood.
When riding on streets, bikers have to respect the traffic code just like drivers.
BIKER’S CODE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan your ride
- Share the trail with other users
- Yield right of way to hikers
- Let your speed be determined by your experience
- Ride slowly on crowded trails, overtake with politeness and respect
- Cycle only on authorized and open trails
- Avoid muddy trails in order not to damage them further
- Respect nature, plants, animals and the trail
- Do not frighten animals
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Respect public and private property
- Always be selfsufficient
- Do not cycle solo in remote areas
- Take back home only good pics
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET !
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and it is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
APT Val di Fiemme - Tel. +39 0462 241111 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.visitfiemme.it
Starting in Cavalese, follow the directions to the waterfall, passing near the old water-powered sawmill, still working nowadays. Once arrived at the waterfall, continue along the cycle route to Molina di Fiemme.
The climb you will face next, never too hard, goes up to Val Cadino first and then heads on into the wood to the area of Arodolo.
On the way back, descend on an easy forest road to the waterfall and then continue along the cycle route to Masi di Cavalese. From here, thanks to an underpass, you can cross the valley floor road and ride back up to Cavalese, partly on the Vecchia Ferrovia (Old Railway) track.
Public transportCavalese can be reached with the Trentino Trasporti buses.
Drive by car to Piazza Verdi in the center of Cavalese.
ParkingSeveral parking lots are available near the middle school.
Author’s map recommendations
What do I need to bring on my bike tour?
- An adequate water supply according to your needs (considering temperature, possibility of refuelling and duration of the route)
- Plenty of snacks (for example, dried fruit or energy bars)
- Waterproof / Windproof jacket.
- A spare top / spare socks. (Descending in a sweaty garment, will make you cold)
- Bike gloves/mitts
- Map or GPS device
- Bike repair kit for punctures and mechanical breakdowns
- First aid kit
It is always advised to let someone know where you plan to go and how long you expect to be.
Emergency telephone number 112
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others