The mountain huts of Alpe Lusia in the Paneveggio Natural Park - Tour 932
APT Val di Fiemme Verified partner Explorers Choice
PanoramaPhoto: F. Modica, APT Val di Fiemme
This tour is very easy thanks to the use of the lifts. The comfortable dirt road leads through high mountain pastures, between huts, barns and patches of forest. Extremely sunny on the way to the alpine diary, it crosses the forest of the Paneveggio - Pale di San Martino Natural Park on the way back, giving a little shade.
Highly recommended for those who want to bring unforgettable panoramas to their hearts.
Rest stopsMalga Bocche
Along all routes, always pay attention to other people and vehicles coming from both directions. MTB routes are not for bikers only.
After windstorm Vaia in October 2018, forest roads are used also by heavy vehicles to transport wood.
When riding on streets, bikers have to respect the traffic code just like drivers.
BIKER’S CODE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan your ride
- Share the trail with other users
- Yield right of way to hikers
- Let your speed be determined by your experience
- Ride slowly on crowded trails, overtake with politeness and respect
- Cycle only on authorized and open trails
- Avoid muddy trails in order not to damage them further
- Respect nature, plants, animals and the trail
- Do not frighten animals
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Respect public and private property
- Always be selfsufficient
- Do not cycle solo in remote areas
- Take back home only good pics
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET !
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
APT Val di Fiemme - Tel. +39 0462 241111 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.visitfiemme.it
Alpe Lusia Bellamonte - Tel. +39 0462 576234 - email@example.com - www.alpelusia.it
Suggestive trail with little difficulty.
The Bellamonte 3.0 cable-car (open from Mid-June to Mid-September) quickly takes you to 1.750 m where the dirt road to Canvere starts.
In the area of Canvere begins an exciting single-track for expert riders only, which takes back to the cable-car departure (see front of the map 932b).
Less adventurous bikers can continue on the dirt road from Canvere to Malga Bocche, enjoying the panoramic view on the Pale di San Martino and the Lagorai mountain chain.
The way back is on the same trail, but after 1 km turn left and descend towards Paneveggio; then cycle up again on the right side to the starting point. Halfway through the trail a visit to Forte Dossaccio, a fortress of the First World War, is worth the detour.
Transport of bicycles on cablecar + € 5,00 (only for Fiemme Guest Card and Fiemme Mountain Pass holders).
Getting thereFrom Predazzo head towards Bellamonte and Passo Rolle. After the village of Bellamonte, turn left to reach Castelir and the lifts.
ParkingAt the departure of the lifts there are several parking lots.
Author’s map recommendations
What do I need to bring on my bike tour?
- An adequate water supply according to your needs (considering temperature, possibility of refuelling and duration of the route)
- Plenty of snacks (for example, dried fruit or energy bars)
- Waterproof / Windproof jacket.
- A spare top / spare socks. (Descending in a sweaty garment, will make you cold)
- Bike gloves/mitts
- Map or GPS device
- Bike repair kit for punctures and mechanical breakdowns
- First aid kit
It is always advised to let someone know where you plan to go and how long you expect to be.
Emergency telephone number 112
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Help others by being the first to add a review.
Photos from others