The suggestive tour takes place among the pastures and woods of the Lavazè plateau and the Oclini Pass. You ride at the foot of the Corno Nero Peak, composed of porphyritic rock, and of the Corno Bianco Peak, of white dolomite rock. The two peaks frame Oclini Pass and welcome the cyclist with their color contrasts.
From here you reach the first gastronomic point, Malga Capanna Nuova, continuing to Malga Ora and finally to Malga Costa. Impossible not to be attracted by the scents of typical Trentino and South Tyrolean dishes that spread from these restaurants. The route is mostly on dirt roads and can also be done in the mid/late afternoon.
Rest StopAuerleger Alm
Along all routes, always pay attention to other people and vehicles coming from both directions. MTB routes are not for bikers only.
After windstorm Vaia in October 2018, forest roads are used also by heavy vehicles to transport wood.
When riding on streets, bikers have to respect the traffic code just like drivers.
BIKER’S CODE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Plan your ride
- Share the trail with other users
- Yield right of way to hikers
- Let your speed be determined by your experience
- Ride slowly on crowded trails, overtake with politeness and respect
- Cycle only on authorized and open trails
- Avoid muddy trails in order not to damage them further
- Respect nature, plants, animals and the trail
- Do not frighten animals
- Take your rubbish home with you
- Respect public and private property
- Always be selfsufficient
- Do not cycle solo in remote areas
- Take back home only good pics
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET !
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Cavalese head towards Varena and then towards the Lavazè Pass. From Predazzo head towards Tesero and then go up towards Stava and Passo Lavazè.
ParkingSeveral parking lots at Passo Lavazè.
Author’s map recommendations
What do I need to bring on my bike tour?
- An adequate water supply according to your needs (considering temperature, possibility of refuelling and duration of the route)
- Plenty of snacks (for example, dried fruit or energy bars)
- Waterproof / Windproof jacket.
- A spare top / spare socks. (Descending in a sweaty garment, will make you cold)
- Bike gloves/mitts
- Map or GPS device
- Bike repair kit for punctures and mechanical breakdowns
- First aid kit
It is always advised to let someone know where you plan to go and how long you expect to be.
Emergency telephone number 112