Trekking of 3 days between the quiet woods and the precious reserves of Alta Val di Cembra and the Park of Monte Corno. Going into an environment still intact to be discovered.
The path we propose will bring you to the sight of something special, something unusual. You will not encounter rock towers or unclimbed peaks, but something smaller and perphaps less flashy, but equally valuable. For three days you will be sorrounded by the forests that separate Valle dell'Adige from Val di Cembra, an area that straddled two worlds as far back as Roman times, and you will find witnesses of the past and of the present of this mountain. First of all: the peat bogs, ancient lakes of glacial origin where the peat have reduced progressively the water surface, creating an incredibly favorable environment for biodiversity. In addition there are roccoli, mils and boundary stones that narrate forgotten tales.
At the end of the day, you will find the heat of the shelter or of the hut: a plate of hot soupe and a glass of wine, they will help to remember what happened today and to dream of tomorrow's stage.
This itinerary it's designed and built from Sviluppo Turistico Grumes feat Rete di Riserve Valle di Cembra - Avisio, the Natural Park of Monte Corno, the subject of touristic promotion and numerous provate operators.
More informations and details of the individual stages are also available by downloading
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Tips and hints
Piné Cembra Tourist Office - Tel. +39 0461 683110 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.visitpinecembra.it
Getting thereFrom Trento take the A22/E45 exit at San Michele/Mezzocorona, take the SS12 state road to Salorno towards Bolzano. Cross the village of Salorno along Via Roma and continue along the SP129 until you reach the village of Pochi.
Author’s map recommendations
Hiking shoes, rain-jacket, hiking poles, water, sun cream.
- 2 Stages