Latemar Massiv is on the border between Trentino and South Tyrol Regions. From the geological point of view it is an atoll which emerged form the tropical sea. That is why it is possible to find ammonites and shells in the rocks.
The highest peak is the Torre Diamantidi (2,842 m). The excursion to Torre di Pisa allows you to immerse yourself in this .... sea of rocks! white, outstretched to the sky, eternal, as only the Dolomites can be.
The best place to take a pic of the famous Torre di Pisa is the flat area behind the mountain hut.
Do not miss the classic photography that, playing with perspective, allows you to sustain the tower with one hand!
Rest stopsTORRE DI PISA
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
From Cavalese and Predazzo reach first the village of Tesero and then continue following the directions to Pampeago.
The lift station Latemar MontagnAnimata is located on the road from Predazzo to Moena (Val di Fassa).
ParkingIn the parkings of Pampeago and Predazzo lifts
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHiking shoes, rain-jacket, hiking poles, water, sun cream
- 7 Waypoints
- 7 Waypoints