Easy but long itinerary that runs along forest roads and trails, with an amazing final reward: the beautiful Stellune lake.
Lake Stellune is a peaceful and quiet corner, in a wild and suggestive environment. In July, the green pasture surrounding the lake is scattered with different colors coming from pink rhododendrons, yellow buttercups and purple morning glories. The contrast with the lake blue water makes this place magical.
Expert hikers may walk to peak Stellune, located on the north-eastern side of the lake, after having reached Forcella Val Moena on path n° 317 and continuing along the ridge until you get to the mountain top.
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
From Cavalese head towards Molina di Fiemme and take the SP N° 31 towards Passo Manghen. Follow the road as far as Ponte Stue (altitude 1,240 m), 8 km from Molina di Fiemme.
At Ponte Stue (both before and after the bridge).
Author’s map recommendations
Hiking shoes, rain-jacket, hiking poles, water, sun cream, snack.