The excursion leads through pastures, huts and woods to the peak of Cornacci, where the large cross also visible from the valley floor dominates. A large ridge descends towards Tesero offering a panorama that literally takes your breath away.
A silent pause on the bench at the foot of the cross will fill your eyes and heart with bliss.
The whole area is home to a rich variety of flora and fauna. It is possible to meet chamois and spot the golden eagle in the sky.
Rest StopBaita Caserina
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips, hints and links
Getting thereFrom Cavalese and Predazzo drive to Tesero and than take the road direction Pampeago.
Ignore the parking near "Latemar" and "Agnello" chairlifts and continue to drive up until you find chairlift "Tresca"