We are in the Monte Corno Natural Park, on the border with Val di Fiemme, in an environment mainly characterized by deciduous and red spruces forests.
The excursion, without particular difficulties, is characterized by the length of the forest road that leads to Malga Monte Corno, and culminates in an impressive view of Val di Fiemme: the view ranges from Pale di San Martino to Corno Bianco and Corno Nero, up to Lake Caldaro (visible from one of the last bends on the forest road before reaching the hut).
Rest StopRifugio Malga Corno
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.