Passo Manghen is where the main Lagorai chain begins. Classic ring tour that gives hikers great horizons, stony peaks and the typical vegetation of the high mountains.
The main goal in our itinerary, Lake Buse is a stretch of water nestled among green pastures. In early July, the spectacular flowering of rhododendrons gives the landscape an enchanting note, together with juniper shrubs and blueberry plants. The name of the lake in the Val di Fiemme dialect means "lake of holes".
If you go the other way around, you can reach Lake Buse in about an hour's walk.
Rest stopsBaita Manghen
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Molina di Fiemme take the road to Passo Manghen until you reach it
ParkingAt Manghen Pass
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentHiking shoes, rain-jacket, hiking poles, water, sun cream
- 4 Waypoints
- 4 Waypoints