Lagorai Trekking - Stage 2
APT Val di Fiemme Verified partner Explorers Choice
Passo Sadole - Wiew to Cardinal PeakPhoto: A. Campanile, APT Val di Fiemme
Translagorai is the name of this 4-days trekking on the Lagorai Mountain Range, in the east side of the Dolomites.
It's a beautiful trekking for people who love adventure, loneliness, romantic landscape and wild nature.
Rest stopsMalga Sàdole
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Leave Forcella Lagorai (2,372 metres a.s.l.) behind and follow track nr. 321 up to Forcella delle Sute (2,520 m), then continue towards Forcella di Coppola (2,533 m) keeping more or less on the ridge until you reach Cima Litegosa (2,548 m).
Move down to Passo Litegosa (2,261 m) and proceed along path nr. 321, past the base of Pilastro del Frate, until you get to Passo Sadole (2,066 m).
Here take trail nr. 320 down to Rifugio Cauriol (1,600 m).
You have the possibility to put your tent at "Pian delle Maddalene".
Both Rifugio Cauriol Ph. +39 348 2422737 and Malga Sadole Ph. +39 348 7120227 have sleeping possibility.
Author’s map recommendations
Tabacco – Val di Fiemme, Lagorai, Latemar N° 14
Kompass – Val di Fiemme, Catena del Lagorai N° 618
EquipmentHiking gear, food, tent and sleeping bag.
- 4 Waypoints
- 4 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others