Passo di Lavazè offers countless hiking opportunities including the Malga Costa, from which you can enjoy an enchanting panoramic view.
A short walk that offers a lot of satisfaction, both for the eyes and the taste. The Lavazè plateau is a classic destination for hikers and walkers. The view from up there is truly a spectacle; from the famous peaks of Catinaccio and Latemar to the two "horns" made up of very different rocks. The Corno Nero, with its dark porphyry and the Corno Bianco with its pale dolomite. After filling your eyes with infinite beauty, we also recommend satisfying your taste with one of the many culinary delicacies offered by the hut.
Next to the hut there is the cow shed. Curious children will surely be attracted to the sound of their cowbells ...
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereFrom Cavalese drive the road up in direction Passo Lavazè.
ParkingAt Passo Lavazè you can find a lot of parking possibilities.
Author’s map recommendations
We recommend to do this walk with all-terrain stroller.
Hiking shoes, rain-jacket, water, sun cream.