The covered wooden bridge in Panchià
APT Val di Fiemme Verified partner Explorers Choice
Covered wood bridgePhoto: G. Panozzo, APT Val di Fiemme
The protagonist of this easy itinerary is the imposing wooden bridge, unique in Trentino, an essential link to access the Cavelonte Valley. Cross the Avisio to the point where it is narrowest but also full of large stones. Walking along the banks of the river in the direction of Ziano, it is possible to see the waters that guard, among other minor species, the marble trout.
Kissed by the sun, this walk is ideal at any time of the day thanks to the favorable exposure of the entire route.
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
APT Val di Fiemme - Tel. +39 0462 241111 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.visitfiemme.it
Public-transport-friendlyIt is possible to reach Panchià with the Trentino Trasporti buses from the major towns of Val di Fiemme.
Getting therePanchià is located on the state road SS 48 of the Dolomites.
Author’s map recommendations
Tabacco – Val di Fiemme, Lagorai, Latemar N° 14
Kompass – Val di Fiemme, Catena del Lagorai N° 618
Map for walks available in all Val di Fiemme information offices.
Questions and answers
Photos from others