"Solombo" walk in the nearby of Carano village
APT Val di Fiemme Verified partner Explorers Choice
GanzaiePhoto: N. Delvai, APT Val di Fiemme
Rest stopsMaso dello Speck
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
APT Val di Fiemme - Tel. +39 0462 241111 - - www.visitfiemme.it
From the parking start walking on the asphalted road till you reach Calvello. Then take the dirt road “Giro di Solombo”, first into a wood of pines then into a wood of spruces.
Looking down you can see the village of San Lugano.
Then you reach Ganzaie, where a wood of larches gives you an extraordinary landscape over the mountain chain of Lagorai. Continue slightly downhill on the asphalted road and then turn right to reach Maso dello Speck where we suggest a delicious break. Continue on the dirt road that goes into the larch forest and, always keeping on the left side, you reach again Calvello. Turn left to go back to the parking.
Getting thereFrom Cavalese drive to Carano and the to "Calvello".
ParkingPark possibility on the left side after "Maso Bortolotti".
Author’s map recommendations
Tabacco – Val di Fiemme, Lagorai, Latemar N° 14
Kompass – Val di Fiemme, Catena del Lagorai N° 618
Map for walks available in all Val di Fiemme information offices.
Hiking shoes, waterproof jacket, water, sunscreen.
The path is also suitable for a walk with a country stroller.
- 1 Waypoints
- 1 Waypoints
Questions and answers
Would you like to the ask the author a question?
Photos from others