The comfortable walk on a flat path, although with some stones and roots, leads to two splendid mountain lakes, famous not only for their undeniable beauty, but also for having been the scene in the 70s of archaeological finds dating back to the Mesolithic era (10,000 - 8,000 years ago).
In less than an hour you arrive at the Colbricon hut, located right between the two lakes, at the foot of the Colbricon pyramid (2,062 m), which is the beginning of the long chain of porphyritic peaks of the Lagorai, from the Rolle Pass to the Altopiano (plateau) di Pinè.
The views of the Cimon de la Pala and the large Paneveggio forest are extraordinary.
Rest StopLAGHI DI COLBRICON
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.