From the beautiful Parco della Pieve, to the tower of San Valerio, walking on little-known paths in the southern area of Cavalese.
A simple walk that allows you to discover some historic places in Cavalese, including the Tower of San Valerio, that overlooked the former town of Cadrobio, the ancient Venetian sawmill and the old railway line. The several dry-stone walls surrounding the path testify to the absolute need to create flat terraces for crops.
Don't miss the guided tour of the Ancient Venetian sawmill! Book the experience at +39 0462-241111
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Drive until you reach the center of Cavalese and then head to the Stadio del Ghiaccio (ice stadion).
Big parking lot near the ice stadion.
Author’s map recommendations
Hiking shoes, rain-jacket, hiking poles, water, sun cream.
Not suitable for strollers.
- 2 Waypoints
- 2 Waypoints