This excursion requires many hours, a good physical condition and a lot of endurance. The effort is rewarded by the incredible views towards Lake Carezza and the Catinaccio that stand out through the large towers.
You are in the heart of the Latemar group, in the UNESCO World Heritage Dolomites, areas of disarming beauty.
The via ferrata is only part of the route which, rather crowded at the beginning, will be much less frequented near the equipped path. The hiker will cross paths through the pastures, gravelly sections, large boulders and steps in the ground and on friable rock.
Rest stopsTORRE DI PISA
Rifugio Passo Feudo
A difficult passage on rocks (I degree), without secure cables on the last stretch of the ferrata. Short descent by steps, steep and exposed, followed by the aerial crossing with steel cables and exposed climb.
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Getting thereTo reach Pampeago take the road from Tesero.
The lift station of Predazzo is located on the way from Predazzo to Moena (Val di Fassa).
ParkingIn the parkings of Pampeago and Predazzo lifts
Author’s map recommendations
EquipmentComplete via ferrata equipment with helmet, hiking shoes, hiking poles, rain-jacket, sun cream, food and water.
- 9 Waypoints
- 9 Waypoints