The Malga Ora track winds its way towards the slopes of the Corno Bianco Peak. From the malga you can connect to the tracks that lead to Passo Oclini and to Pietralba.
Distance 8.4 km
Compared to the Campiol and Torbiera tracks, the Malga Ora is more technical and demanding, also due to its length. Along the way, the damage caused by the Vaia storm (October 2018) is clearly visible. The beautiful and luxuriant woods that stretched between the Lavazè Pass and the Oclini Pass have given way to sinuous and white hills that offer a wide view of an exciting Dolomite scenery.
Along the way it is possible to stop in one of the typical alpine huts of the area.
AuthorStaff Outdoor Val di Fiemme
Update: January 07, 2022
Getting thereFrom Cavalese drive first to the village of Varena and then continue util you reach Passo Lavazè. From Predazzo drive first to the village of Tesero.
ParkingSeveral car parks at Passo Lavazè, near the hotels or in the direction of Val d'Ega.
32T 691767 5136537
Author’s map recommendations
Cross-country ski equipment, ticket, sunscreen.
Ski rental at Passo Lavazè
Basic Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Lightweight rain and windproof ski jacket
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cross-country skiing gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Cross-Country Skiing
- Cross-country skis
- Cross-country ski bindings
- Cross-country boots
- Cross-country poles
- Waxes if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view